This 35-minute instructional video provides information essential to the understanding of sterilization process failures.
Earn .5 credit hour CE through CBSPD and IAHCSMM.
The script was written by Rose Seavey, MBA, BS, CNOR, CRCST, CSPDT. It includes practical guidance on:
- Essential elements of sterility assurance
- Product sterilization identification and traceability
- Sterilization process monitoring tools
- Correct actions to take when physical monitors, chemical indicators, or biological indicators indicate a sterilization failure
- Available tools to clarify steps and guide the investigation of sterilization process failures
- Product recall process
- Ways to help prevent sterilization process failures